Anti-seize on bushings?

After the experience of disassembly, my inclination is to use anti-seize on any metal to metal contact.
I am ready to press the bushings back into the radius arms. Any reason not to use anti-seize on them?
Thanks
Jim

None in my opinion. I routinely use some type of lubricant when pressing in bushings.

Sounds reasonable to me… especially since the quality of some of the bushings being sold means that you will probably be the next guy who has to press them out.

1 Like

There are a couple of places not to use anti-seize, and a couple of places to be careful using it. On tapered fit things like tie rod ends, I use it but sparingly, spreading the application to make sure it doesn’t interfere with the taper pulling together properly.

Waaaay back in the day I rebuilt the carb on SWMBO’s Toyota Corona, applying anti-seize to all the little screws that thread directly into the soft pot metal body of the carb. A couple of weeks later the car malfunctioned, would run but wouldn’t idle. Worked on it for hours before I finally discovered that one of the tiny idle jets was completely plugged with one of those tiny flakes of metal in the anti-seize.

I guess the only concern here would be if the anti-seize might cause that bushing to come loose in operation, which would be bad. I think all agree that once it’s in it’s not going anywhere, though. And there’s a lip to keep it from going one way and a safety strap to keep it from going the other, right?