Anybody have the Simply Performance suspension kit?

Suspension is already apart, piece of cake. Car has zero rust, spent it’s life in southern CA, Nevada, and Texas. Took no time to get lower bushings out, once the springs were out. Tapped out the pivot shafts with a plastic hammer. But everything will go back together with lots of antiseize.
I’ve seen a lot of people have issues with polyurethane in the lower arms, which is why I decided to go stock there. Actually, there’s not a lot of rubber in the control arm bushings. Most of the isolation appears to be in the subframe front mounts.

You are a lucky fellow!

Have not heard of issues with poly other than squeaking.

Have fun! You’re getting off way too easily if the car came apart that easily :wink:

M

A lot of the suspension horror stories seem to be you east coasters. My XJS, which has lived here in the Pacific NW, has been relatively easy to get suspension apart too. Must be the lack of salted roads?

Would agree, salt and subsequent corrosion has been the bane of this model.

But, mine spent most of its life in California, and, while it has been in Ohio for the past many years, it is only driven during the moderate months and never in the rain. So, I think in my case, the lower A-arm bushes with mild corrosion of the metal sleeves was par for the course- weren’t that bad to remove, but I DID have to liberally spray with a good penetrant like PB Blaster. Made the job a whole lot easier. You’ll find stories of much worse on this job on the list!