Anyone know a source for a “Top Mount” antenna?

But I like shiny! :heart_eyes:. 20 characters

Use a chrome one!!!

The antenna must be sliding into the holes shown in the multiple layers of the front cowl like mine. (Opposite side of course)

Ignore the rust… I’m buffing that out!!! :rofl:

2 Likes

I like the look of the antenna if it’s at an angle. Illusion of speed.

Robert in case it helps here is photo of my original antenna in that same position as your photo. Still works great with the Blaupunkt but it stays retracted unless I use the radio in the garage. I like the XK sound more than the Blaupunkt.

David
68 E-type FHC

3 Likes

Why I never put mufflers on Tweety!

It’s Sir William’s Six symphony ((c), @chuck_goolsbee)!

David and Paul, I agree. I pulled my radio, which was an 80’s cassette player, which looked completely out of place. I’ll probably put in a blanking plate, unless I find a period looking radio.
But I’ll never turn it on.

1 Like

I’m in the minority here - but on long days (say 400 miles day after day) I like some music – more importantly my wife likes it too. She is such a good sport to travel like that in the E that anything I can do to make it more enjoyable is reasonable.

Mine is just a cassette unit but it sounds pretty decent but like a car stereo (which is the way I remember those tunes sounding the first time around).

1 Like

told ya so…20

So it seems to work well! It’s about 1.5” wide at the base so allows the back plate to have a decent engagement with the underside of the fender. It only took 10 minutes to install from the top. $29.95 for a decent, not great, quality part that fills the hole.

2 Likes

Well done, certainly looks much better than a hole or a plug.

2 Likes

So where did you get this one. I have the same problem 67 FHC 2+2 1 inch hole.

https://www.woodyscustomshop.com/

I called them and explained my situation and they recommended this.
Sorry I don’t have a pn for you
Give them a call

Saw on one show , dont remember what year a FHC with a small chrome raked antenna centered above the windscreen ? was that ever factory, i just thought it looked kinda cool.
Sorry not trying to highjack this thread…

Thanks so much will be delivered soon.

1 Like