Anyone one need a Stake down kit installation video?

Hey everybody! Just a few months ago I was looking on how to install a stake down kit for my 1984 Jaguar XJ6. I wasn’t able to find much and figured I’d give it a shot and record a video along the way.
If anyone needs help here’s a link to my video:

ColeYuhas is my channel if you can’t use this link thanks, hope you find this helpful!

Hi
Good video,BUT in my opinion to go to those extremes, I would not use self tapping screws, should have tapped the hole, and fitted an tourque bolt,with some thread lock.
I also do not like using a flat blade screwdriver on jubilee clips, use the flexible screwdriver with correct size socket on it . 1/ it fits the clip much better 2/ if you slip with a flat blade screwdriver it’s going to hurt.
Just my thoughts
Rob

May I point out some pointers , watch those metal chips from drilling,
you can get them into the valve shim area, and with a new gasket, it
helps to put some silicone red or black on both sides of the gasket.

Walter

Yes that was my original plan, the bolts were out of stock and I didn’t want to buy them. In my opinion I see nothing wrong with self the self tappers, just made the job for me easier. Thank you! The jubilee clips you’re totally right, I didn’t want to stop recording :rofl::rofl:.

Yes thank you! Those chips I spent an hour cleaning with compressed air the transmission fluid but was still scared. I changed my oil filter and oil after a drive. The gasket sealer is defiantly a must, without it I would’ve been leaking like crazy. Do you mean the other side of the valve cover? If so let me know!

Thanks, the chips will go to the sump and the one that gets away is very unlikely to cause damage - and who hasn’t used a screwdriver on the clamps. The good old Cheney clamps were only slotted anyways.
Don’t see much wrong with the self tappers, when the hole is not going all the way through they are much better than trying to cut threads in that awkward location (with the cams in place). I‘ve broken a tap and used a self tapper next to it; not exactly proud of that but it was the first time I had used a tap and long ago. The self tapper made it a quick and easy in-situ job.
I get my valve covers not to leak (not dry but not that bad) without the goop, but that must be luck. I prefer a little oil over scraping the old rtv off…
Good video for someone who wants to install one for his first time.
David

Hi Cole!

Yes, I put a little bit on the gasket on both sides, I put a little bit on all the gaskets I use.

Had those jobs on my 69 xke for 14 years and kept it clean. The same on my 78 xj6 ser.2
Walter