Are A/C gas valves replaceable on X300?


I’m new here and I was wondering if I could get some advice on the issues I have with my XJ6 X300.

I was trying to refill refrigerant earlier today but it turns put that it’s leaking A/C gas from the valves. (please refer to the attached pictures)

I was trying to find a way to replace the valve thing inside to stop the leak but they look nothing like what I see on most cars in Japan.

Does anyone know if the part is available or it’s even replaceable?

Thank you very much for your support in advance.

Best Regards,


Gas leak is found from this bit (from where we fill gas) and I was hoping to find a replacement part.

As far as I am aware, these are standard Schrader valves as used in car tyres. At least the valve core is.


If it’s the valve core that’s leaking those are easily replaced. Here’s a selection of you need to order some.

If the port itself is leaking, you need a new hose.

1 Like

Use search term “A/C service valves 98234 & 98134”

Thank you so much for your reply!

I will try to find replacements!

Thank you! I was able to find what to look for from the link you provided :saluting_face:

Thx so much!

I was able to find the service valves that fits the jag. I wasn’t familiar with these valves as these are rather uncommon in where I live.

Be careful when using that valve to recharge your a.c. system, if using one of those cheap cans of refrigerant that inc. a “stop leak” component in them. I tried using that once on Scrapper (whose a.c. has never worked, btw) and despite the little gauge that came with the can making it appears everything was going O.K., suddenly the can shot straight up in the air like a rocket a good distance (good thing I was not leaning over it at the time). :open_mouth: And, despite that fright, the system was still not recharged. :angry: I have no idea what went wrong during the process, but I ain’t ever trying that again! :no_entry_sign:

Thx for the heads up! I had no idea haha.

Thankfully I won’t be using the cans for filling.

You don’t need a new hose. That valve is replaceable. Once depressurized, you can simply unscrew that top part using a socket while using an open ended wrench to keep the bottom part of that aluminum shaft in place. Once opened, there are o rings and an extremely common valve that can be found at most any car parts store.

Thank you for the information!

I was able to find these valves online!

1 Like