Assistance needed

If you have a dual point set up, it’s likely a Mallory. It could be a period piece, and it would be a good thing to keep on the car.

A Haviar is what happens when old fat fingers pound tiny buttons on tiny screens…:roll_eyes:

It does not have dual points in the distributor. But when I find them at Moss they come in a pair. I will have to reduce the quantity to 1 before I order.

Maddy

You might as well just lay in a stock of another set of points! I really would strongly recommend going to something like a Crane or some kind of electronic ignition on that.

1 Like

Daimler/jag V8 and Daimler SP250 were dual points

Learn sumfin new, every day!

I had the Daimler/Jag and brother had the SP250 same engine in both.

I will consider that provided I keep the car. Should I decide this car would be another person’s project I may just put the same equipment into the car.

Maddy

Daimler v8 and Dart have dual point lucas distributors!

So I’ve been told!

It’s literally been 35+ years since I laid eyes upon one, but still cannot recall the fact.

That’s a good sign!!

That loop bracket could be from somebody mounting the ignition coil there. On XK120s up to engine no. W4059 the coil was mounted on the engine block under the front carb. A very inconvenient place to put it, especially if it dies and you are trying to replace it while the engine is still hot. Guess how I know. Some PO of your car may have had the same opinion and solved it this way, putting it on the chassis bracket provided for a RHD brake master cylinder.
After engine W4060 they put the coil on top of the front carb, where mine is now.

That’s interesting. The loop is in circumference about what the fuel pump would be. The coil is mounted near the distributor under the starting carburetor. I am looking to find a used SU pump to rebuild. I will do all my replacements as close to stock as I can and position them where they should be. This forum is helpful in that regard.