Replica Lightweight, Low Drag E-Type For Sale

Bring money, . . . that’s not enough, bring more.

1962 Jaguar E-Type Racer Is Available (msn.com)

2 Likes

It’s a Lynx replica. Did Crosswaite and Gardiner make the blocks for the original cars? They certainly make replica “D type” engines today, though.

1 Like

According to a Road and Track story C & G opened in 1969, but apparently they did make the engines for the continuation lightweight cars.

The actual seller has better info:

1 Like

Anyone else thinking “no, not on the gravel and dust, stone chip? any semblance of air filter? no, not on the gravel and dust!”

History….

Yep! Not a CHANCE I’d flog that on any road surface, w/o at least a fine mesh screen on those trumpets.

Is that a nitrous bottle in the boot ?

What is that small perspex screen half way down the bonnet??

I’d imagine it comes in handy for keeping bugs off the windscreen while blasting down the Mulsanne Straight at dusk?

Then, NO. They did not make the blocks for the original cars. IIRC, C&W began making aluminum blocks around 2000.

That’s exactly why it’s there.

2 Likes

Checking my powerball ticket now.

I wonder if yesterday’s winner here might be persuaded to part with a little of their £184million to buy it? BTW, lottery winnings on this side of the pond do not attract tax. Only income resulting from investing the winnings is taxed.

Same on this side of the pond, just not south of the 49th.

I check my fixed Loto 6/49 numbers every week as published in the Sunday newspaper. I don’t buy tickets, mind, I just check the numbers, and each week I congratulate myself for not having wasted $4 … four after tax dollars.

The odds of winning 6/49 (six correct picks out of a field of numbers from 1 to 49) are 1 in 13,983,816. Yeah, somebody’s gonna win it, just not you …

2 Likes

C’mon, snake eyes!!

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

That steering wheel looks interesting for those of us of a larger stature. Any ideas where one might procure?

The steering wheel is a Moto-lita.
https://www.moto-lita.co.uk/steering-wheels/mark-four-leather-rim-dished/

Love those wheels

Adding characters…

1 Like

Allow me to illustrate the odds a little differently

In a 6/49 lottery the six winning numbers are randomly dropped from a collection of 49 pingpong balls tumbling in a cage. The diameter of a single ball is 1.57”.

The dimensions of a regulation US football field are 360’x160’

There will be (160x12/1.57) = 1223 pingpong balls laid side by side across 160’, and there will be 360x12x r√3 = 360 x12 x 0.785 x 1.7321 = 5874 rows of closely packed balls down the length of the field.

The football field will hold 1223 x 5874 = 7,183,902 closely packed balls.

So, the odds of winning a 6/49 lottery is the equivalent of looking over almost two football fields packed with pingpong balls and picking out that one special ball.

Put another way, 13,983,816 pingpong balls in a single file will stretch a distance of just over 346.5 miles.

Put yet another way, Lotto 6/49 is drawn twice a week. If you played the same six numbers twice a week you can expect to win sometime over the span of 134,460 years.

And if you think those are long odds, the odds of winning the Powerball lottery are 1 in 292,201,338. 47.3 football fields, 7,240.5 miles, 2,809,628.25 years.

1 Like