Auxiliary cooling fan bolt-on upgrade

Actually I might just use one plate and fab a spacer that goes on the bolt between compressor and this plate

I simply cut out a squarish plate of 1/8" aluminum to go between my new fan and the OEM spider, bolted them together, plenty strong.

We went a bit off topic here with Kirbert and I was referring to a/c compressor pipe mounting bracket that I cut at the same time and these are visible in the picture I posted :wink:

So I take it even if one found a new or used 7-blade fan it can’t just bolt onto the existing fan motor in place of the original 4-blade fan? I do like the idea that Jag had the rubber flaps BELOW the fan, btw … on the '94 MY+ 4.0s like my Superblue they put the flaps behind the fan, IIRC, so you have to work “through” them to do anything to the fan or motor from the rear (unless you want to pull the radiator and get to it from the front instead) … :angry:

Correct. But they are no longer available new and after searching for more then a year I managed to find only the bracket but not the fan itself

So, how close are you to a finished product? Any idea the cost if you build for others here? I do like the way it looks. I have an 84 Corvette that only has one electric fan, old blades and slow. They do offer much better fans for it now and it is obvious that both have cooling problems is why I mention my other car. Lots of creative people (like you and others) that see a problem and find a fix. I live in the south and I know about heat!

Now, any good solutions for insulating my fuel rails?

Russ

First batch is ready!

2 Likes

Just made another batch of upgraded auxiliary cooling fans. Will fit the fan shroud without any modifications. OEM look, but way better cooling then original old-fashioned 4-blade fan.
Send me a message if you need more details :wink:

3 Likes