Awesome deal: 1960 3.8 mk 2 ($12,800)!

This was an awesome DEAL for a carefully sorted 3.8 MK 2 that spent 47 years with one family! It sold this afternoon for ONLY $12,800 on BAT! My MK 2 is idential to this one! Luckily new owner!

Richard

1 Like

I got the one hour left notification and it was $12800. Even thought about bidding on it, especially since it was in Portland like me. I was surprised when I got the email that it closed at the same price.

Agree, it was a good deal for anyone looking for a MKII. Thereā€™ve been quite a few on BaT lately. I think that fact, along with the color combo and the sellerā€™s reluctance to take underside photos held it back.

I was watching it until the seller of the car I bought accepted my offer with a couple of days remaining on it. I think it sold well below its value (if it is a rust free as the seller claims) but the faded woodwork, few underside pictures ( I asked about the jack pads but they pictures were never provided) and for some reason to my ears the exhaust didnā€™t sound good. Also the non original engine probably did not help. For me it was also 2500 or so miles away.
Still looked to be a solid driver to have fun with.

Understand the distance, Jeff! I made that difficult decision when I bought a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow about two years ago. The car was in California, and Iā€™m here in North Carolina. In the long run, it was the best decision I could have made since the car was well maintained/loved by the family that bought it new. Back then, I paid $2200 extra to have it delivered enclosed. I would guess now the shipping would be much more. Long story short, the extra shipping cost was offset with no large repair bills! In contrast, my MK 2 was bought reasonably, BUT I doubled the purchase price with repairs, etc. That got ā€œoldā€ rather fast. Now, I pay more and have less stress!

Richard