"B" Post door seal channel

69 Coupe.

Having difficulty locating the B post door seal channel for the passenger side (LHD Ca. car) The primary Ca. parts place says extended wait time and they sell in a pair. I just need the passenger side and can’t locate it anywhere? I can fabricate one, but would much rather get one properly made!!

Any suggestions?

Mark
Murrieta, Ca.

Call Chuck at Monocoque Metalworks. (443) 907-2287
http://www.monocoque-metalworks.com/main/category/online-parts-catalog/

Thanks John. Not sure why I never thought of them. I think I have always viewed them as larger, panels and major metal parts like full bonnets, etc.

He has exactly what I need!

Thanks again
Mark

1 Like

Received the B post channel yesterday. It’s extremely good workmanship, but as was my original problem, it only extends from the bottom to approximately 4" from the top!? The top 4" where the channel reverses direction is not part of the received part?

Not sure if there is a small portion that is meant to be attached to complete the whole seal channel. I will email Chuck Monday. It’s not Monocoque Metalworks because everything I found would have been the same ? Maybe I’m missing something here.

The best to all!

Mark

Mark, I don’t understand your point about it reversing direction?? Also, to get over the “shortage” you could just buy another length and cut 4" off and rivet that into place?

Here is what I am referring to:

The upper portion is what I refer to when I say “when it reverses direction”. The picture is the drivers side (LHD). The right side was severely damaged prior to my purchase in 73’ and was poorly re-shaped. As I look at the drivers side, I don’t see any evidence that it was a 2 part piece? It’s not a real big deal. I can fabricate that portion. I was just surprised that they don’t re-make it as one piece??

Mark

Mark,
Your seal retainer looks just like mine. That’s the way they are… The seal is just glued onto the edge above the retainer

Mine, from SNG in their rubber kit, came as one piece. I can’t imagine it made any other way.

Would the pieces for the OTS be shorter and could they have sent those by mistake?

John,
Mark is taking about the metal retainer not the rubber seal.

69 Coupe

The piece I got was perfectly made and shaped. The curve was exactly right It just didn’t continue the last few inches. The portion I got is already on and primed. I just have to make the short section for the top. I appreciate the comments. After this is finished, I just have to block sand for any final body issues and then I will be ready for paint.

Mark

Whoops.

Looking at my metal channel I see it is pieced together, with the joint being right at the lower point of t ghe piece Mark says he doesn’t have. This occurs on both sides of my car and I have no reason to believe is not original to the car.