Back Door Liner Question

I may have mentioned on here before (now that I hope to have Harlem up and running again soon) that while in my personal “absence” (i.e. in the possession of other persons) Harlem sustained a small dent in her rear driver’s side rear door, slightly below the door handle. I’m figuring someone probably backed into her in a parking lot at that particular spot. As a result (I think, but not sure) her lock relay will not unlock the door. I can hear the relay “energize” fully when the key is turned in the driver’s door lock, but the plunger does not move. I cannot also physically yank the plunger upward. :slightly_frowning_face: My guess is that, barring an earlier failure of the system prior to the dent being suffered, the dent has caused the door lock linkage mechanism to be impeded in movement so that it will no longer unlock the door. :thinking:

In any event, I need to get the door liner off so that I can inspect and access the lock mechanism-related parts inside the door (as well as maybe knock the dent back out? :pray: ). Question is, can I remove the liner with the door in the closed position? :confused: Otherwise, I’m going to find that I’m in a nasty Catch 22 situation - can’t open the door to get the liner off b/c the door won’t unlock. :angry:

Anyone know for sure, before I plunge into things?

Door will need to be open to remove the card.

Oh boy … :grimacing: Well, have to wonder if I can use a “slim jim” (if I can get my hands on one, or call AAA) to get the door latch to unlock … Rather it be permanently unlocked than locked, at least until I can get it fixed … :thinking: (thanks, VK)