Back to the Jag

List:
I have spent the last three years moving toward retirement and am happy to report that I have stopped work, sold our urban home of fifty years, (which was built in 1892 and therefore required constant attention. It had a tiny basement and no garage) and moved to a quiet suburban/rural little community where everyone knows everyone else (people actually wave hello whenever they drive buy). We bought a one story, twenty five year old home with central air, a two car garage and a huge basement. What a difference.

So this morning I went to the garage/workshop where I store the 1971 and 1975 XJ6. I’ve owned the 71 for about fifty years and the 75 about 20. I have not paid much attention lately to either one but did start them during the summer. Both have been neglected for years but fortunately, both were stored under cover, in a large dry garage. You may recall that I had the head on the 71 rebuilt and reinstalled it. The 75 is a California car and is rust free. :grinning:

My plan is to sell the 71 and bring the 75 permanently to my home so I can give it more attention. I’m pleased to have the time and enthusiasm to once again particulate in JagLovers, as well as local car clubs. (although members seem to have more interest in eating than working on cars).

So hello again.

Regards
Lou

List:
I have spent the last three years moving toward retirement and am happy to report that I have stopped work, sold our urban home of fifty years, (which was built in 1892 and therefore required constant attention and had a tiny basement and no garage) and moved to a quiet suburban/rural little community where everyone knows everyone else (people actually wave hello whenever they drive buy). We bought a one story, twenty five year old home with central air, a two car garage and a huge basement. What a difference.

So this morning I went to the garage/workshop where I store the 1971 and 1975 XJ6. I’ve owned the 71 for about fifty years and the 75 about 20. I have not paid much attention lately to either one but did start them during the summer. Both have been neglected for years but fortunately, both were stored under cover, in a large dry garage. You may recall that I had the head on the 71 rebuilt and reinstalled it. The 75 is a California car and is rust free. :grinning:

My plan is to sell the 71 and bring the 75 permanently to my home so I can give it more attention. I’m pleased to have the time and enthusiasm to once again particulate in JagLovers, as well as local car clubs. (although members seem to have more interest in eating than working on cars).

So hello again.

Regards
Lou

6 Likes

All the best in your retirement, Lou!

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)