Barbie Drove a "Face-Lift" XJS?

Was playing around tonight, Googling “XJS”, and actually ran across two different sale listings for a used toy that was sold back in '94 or so … It’s a foot-long pink glitter XJS convertible for Barbie. Except for the “unusual” color, pretty accurate looking, btw (although one naive seller misidentifies it as a “Porsche 911” :roll_eyes:).

WTH? :open_mouth:

Who knew? I knew she was a classy gal, but she really gets points with me now! :grin:

1 Like

I actually remember that! Smh

I learnt sumfin new!!

I saw one at a local flea market recently. It was pretty big, maybe 22” long. ‘Real working headlights’ were intact, very authentically not working.

1 Like

If Barbie had joined JL then they’d be working!

3 Likes

Authentic electrical problems! Leaks oil just like a real Jaguar! (oil not included). Requires 3xAA batteries, which will go flat immediately.

1 Like

Wow … that’s about 2x as big as it should be … One other problem they have is that over time the pink color turns into more of an orange, as noted in the one sale listing I read … :open_mouth:

I’m not sure about the wood instrument bezel, or the pink on white scheme, but black carpets!

wood instrument bezel

To be honest, I never had a Barbie doll. Had a bunch of G.I. Joes. But my sister did, and they were all about a foot tall back then. Their vehicles were all pretty big. Had a Wiley’s Jeep for G.I. Joe that pulled a howitzer in a trailer. That Jeep had to be two feet long; trailer was a foot or so. Joe and Barbie could both barely lie in the trailer.

Funny, how you knew that:wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

The car in the photo is not what I consider ‘facelift’.
Are you saying it was advertised as a 94, or released in 94?
It has the old bumpers but it does have some great details.
They didn’t get the windshield trim chromed however.
She also had available an Austin Healey 3000 or possibly a 100.
I don’t think I gave it much thought at the time.

Looks like a Euro-spec pre-facelift, doesn’t it? It has round gauges, though. And a trip computer?

maybe a 92/93, I do believe these years still had the older style bumpers.

92 had all the old style bumpers.
In 93 they had the new rear body color bumper cover.
The 94 had all body color bumper covers.

With my own eyes…

A thread, arguing whether or not a Barbie© car has the correct details.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::crazy_face:

2 Likes

There are a whole host of celebrity, movie and even animation XJS’s we can discuss.

And next we can discuss if the Barbie© house was built to code.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

And just what were they doing, lying down in the trailer? :wink:

IIRC, the sales listing that I saw that had it IDed correctly as an XJS claimed it to be a “1994 Jaguar XJS” … :pensive:

I noticed the round gauges too, Kirby … and wondered … :confused:[quote=“Kirbert, post:11, topic:368043, full:true”]
Looks like a Euro-spec pre-facelift, doesn’t it? It has round gauges, though. And a trip computer?
[/quote]

O.K., by way of update, I was finally able to check out the bottom side of one of the cars, and it has stamped in it a manuf date of “1991”, which would make the car, at newest, a ‘91 (despite the round gauges), unless the Mattel foks were psychic or had some kind of insight at the Jag factory. Despite that, it appears there may be two different models of the Barbie XJS, as one apparently had the working headlights and one didn’t. I know the one w/o the headlights was approximately 2’ in length, as someone mentioned earlier. No idea (yet) whether the one with the headlights is that long, or for sure the manuf .date of same. :confused:

Only on J-Lers folks … you won’t see this on any other Jag forum website … !

I take it Equip (and others) you remember on the old JLers site there were lengthy threads for just about every model of Jag on a particular forum just for the purpose of listing every movie or T.V. sighting of that particular model … I was pleasantly surprised how often an XJS appeared … IIRC, the most recent one on there was from “___ (a gal’s name) & Roam’s (sp.?) Big Adventure”, the two fun-loving kind of airhead young gals that drove a face-lift convertible all over the place … :grinning: Sadly, I don’t think that forum made the transfer to the new website … Maybe we need to start it anew?