Barn finds, know of any?

I visited A fellow freshly retired engineer yesterday. I knew he had an E type years ago. It’s still in his barn and hasn’t run in 20 years, he has plans, and about 1 million other projects. I wish him luck. They are still out there!

1 Like

The 70 Coupe I bought recently had last been inspected in 1986. The guy’s neighbors remember him getting the car out and driving it a bit around the block regularly until about 15 - 20 years ago. He had the front end up on jack stands when I found it. He had started on removing the exhaust manifold and had disconnected the fuel line at the carbs. He did keep air in the tires and kept the battery on a charger.

I just heard of a 140 parked in the garage 40 years ago, now part of a deceased estate, widow is looking to have it gone but to someone who will restore it.

Not many barns in Arizona but some urban garages that hold secrets.

This one only saw 5000 miles since Reagan was in the White House and less than a hundred in the past 5 years:

Hardtop was hanging on the wall so we put it loosely on for the flatbed home last September:

Earlier in 2020 we helped a friend drag this Mark IX out of a Tucson garage. Had to remove siding from the garage and tear down a garden wall to free it… it had been entombed for quite a long time:

2 Likes

There ya go again…:grimacing:

Bought the farm, and pulled this one out 6 years ago.

2 Likes

Looks like a few interesting autos there.

1 Like

There are a few 280’s and MG’s.

I see that. It’s just seems like a very eclectic mix of vehicles which I love. The Citroen caught my eye. While not the first car I would go after it I could have any car in the world, they were very innovative in their detailing and engineering.

The 280’s, while not quite as pure looking as the 240, but were more refined than the 240, have quite the following. To me they were the only two that caught my eye. Once the 300zx came about it seems they lost their way with the design (at least to my eye).

Chris

1 Like

Interesting background cars!

1 Like

Mine was essentially a barn find, having not been on the road in close to 30 years. The PO had washed off most of the “patina” though. Paul, upping the ante on interesting background cars. :wink:

3 Likes

An Alfa Romeo Montreal just popped up on FB earlier today. It was clearly in a shed (that is what we call a barn down this side), covered in dust and had not moved in years. The finder did not know what he had and was looking for advice on value. Factory RHD and appeared to be in good condition. Great find. Link is now gone unfortunately

I found a 70’ FHC that has sat since 1984 https://youtu.be/3IavHEaCmKI

Are you building another E Type?

I bought it wigs but sold it 6 hours later. I have too many projects to tend with.

It was a climate controlled barn. Last driven in 2008…does that count? :wink: Just got it running yesterday. Purrs like a kitten.

3 Likes

Good to see another one of these things got put back on the road and used again: being driven as what they were made to do!

JLo - loving the primate-like dexterity of your confined-space jacking technique! :rofl:

Reminded me of how I recently, almost got stuck between my motorcycle and E-type, while trying to inspect the E-type clutch slave. I have too much shit in my garage!

1 Like

Have ya seen mine??

3 Likes

Is that a koala in the background?

1 Like