Beauty is the eye of the beholder, I guess?

Not sure why, but I find this particularly off putting…https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Jaguar-E-Type-coupe/223104483457?hash=item33f2104081:g:aYAAAOSwie9bdIn7

Hideous horrible dreadful …how am I doing?

If nothing else it wins the Battle of the Bulges.

1 Like

“No tools or spare”.

I’m out.

1 Like

Robert,
It’s not my cup of tea, but the work appears to have been done to a very high standard, so in that way I find it interesting.

1 Like

As the late Marry Feldman so aptly put it: “What hump?”

1 Like

It’s encouraging that there, as of now,are no bids.
Phillip

Hell of an engineering exercise. Fabrication appear’s to be second to none ! I applaud the fact that the owner started with the worlds most beautiful car, and used that as his palette in this extraordinary effort. No doubt perfect for a weekend track car. Not a street car, so don’t judge it as such. Not one person on this forum would pass on an opportunity to drive this beast for several hot laps around their local favorite track. This car might have started as a pitiful , neglected, barn find. It has found new life …well done !

3 Likes

Exactly. Do the numbers, some 2+2’s would be so far upside down on parts cost that doing this kind of thing is the only remotely rational direction. Our '64 3.8 FHC which had the Chevy with me doing all the work is even, if not upside down. No way to do a 2+2 at even close to sensible if it was all torn apart.

Were it in my financial ability, I would bid on it!!!

The work looks GORGEOUS!

3 Likes

so cool …once it starts…Go all the way,.,they did. Dennis Gage will love it…cars and coffee will showcase it…
N.

Is it just me or is the “Cold” air intake for the supercharger directly above the exhaust manifold? That intercooler better be spectacular… That’s also a lot of volume to pressurize between the supercharger and the intake manifold- supercharger lag?

Impressive build that happens to be done based on “the most beautiful car in the world”. I like it as a testament to the craftsmanship gone into it.

1 Like