'Before' and 'after' photos

I thought I would celebrate the opportunity to post photos with before and after

This is how my XK looked like when pulled out of a spot near the barn.

And this is how it looked few months back:

Tadek

3 Likes

Nice to see spats fitted instead of the routine chrome wires.

Very nice!

Really like the “stinger” exhaust.

Tadek

It’s beautiful! A job well done!
I’m partial to the spats myself.

actually, the exhaust was not fixed then, that s why it sits so low…

Car now has the seats and the hood in.

Many thanks for the comments though!

Hi Tadek:

The car looks great, it’s a credit to your efforts. Must be a bit difficult to steer though :wink:

Best regards,

Chris

[quote=“CP1201, post:6, topic:348530”] Must be a bit difficult to steer though :wink:
[/quote]

Stay awake at the back, please. It’s a self-driving car. “Anything Google do we can do better, we can fo anything better than Google.”

Hi Tadek,

An excellent restoration - Brilliant and well done :sunglasses::grimacing:
Keep up the good work, love a few more pics now with seats and hood on.

Regards
Nick

Coming Nick - just have to get back home :smile:

Tadek, what color did you paint your XK120? - Mike Balch

British Racing Green – why?..

I suspect the British Racing Green looks different under different light conditions. My Battleship Grey XK120 looks very similar to your BRG in bright light. In subdued light, Battleship Grey shifts from a greenish hue to a definite gray. Fantastic job with the restoration!

Thanks Mike - you are right - the BRG differs greatly in light. sometimes it’s almost black…

Wow so amazing. It looks so cool.

Simply stunning! Beautiful motor car.

It looks exactly like my 1954 and yet I will be putting a BAS green interior in it. Well done!!!

Nice job, love to see any of these cars come back from the brink.
pauls

Great looking car! The green is a Connaught Green, and what is pictured looks very close. The wire wheels were only available with the SE (special equipment) version, and made up 10 % of production, or so I have read. Many convert to wire wheels. An easy way to spot a change is to check out the spare, wires are bigger. there won’t be a spare in the boot! Spats look great. SE models also had the dual exhaust, solid wheels had single…Nice job! Mine is one of the Twilight Blue colors, still working on it…:}

Wow! Reminds me of the first Jag I ever drove… I’ll never forget it.

Fantastic work Tadek. You have to be very proud of what you have accomplished on your 120. I wish I was as far along with my 140 as what you are with your project … sincerely a big CONGRATS to you!