Best Spark Plugs?

what? there are some NGK BP5 and 6 ES left? I thought I had bought them all a year ago…!!! and Layne bought em up as well. There are some new old stock around, but a caution…many advertise the BP5 or 6ES…but look closely and it is the R. the Resistor plug…or you order and get the R. But yes, some are still availably:. Even tho Layne and I have our hoarded supply. As to resistance in plug wires, a simple ohm meter can read what you have, remember the ratings by mfg are ohms per foot of wire. Often a wire with even a little resistance is resistant enough so that a simple 1.5 v battery continuity test light will not light the light, end to end on a dizzy to plug wire.
Nick

Good going Nick.
Yep, I first bought what was advertised on Ebay as BP6ES and when they arrived they were BPR6ES. Contacted Ebay and seller and he took them back with a Credit.

Also fearing counterfeits on the BP6ES I contacted NGK with pics and description after I got them from the UK and talked to the tech on the phone. They confirmed they were real NGK and further said highly unlikely anyone is counterfeiting obsolete low use plugs like these. They see the problem on the high use and high cost plugs like their Iridium.

1 Like

Apparently I didn’t find BP5ES, either.

From the comments:

Question: Is the product that will be shipped bp5es? the picture shows a different part number.
Answer:
Don’t believe it. This vendor shows the BP5ES in the title, but ships the BPR5ES.
By Michael on September 30, 2020

AND

Question: Please confirm if product that ships is the bp5es or bpR5es
Answer: Total bait and switch they send you bpr5es even though they advertise bp5es.
By Tracy G. Benzing on January 7, 2021

common…check carefully and message the seller. There is a Yamaha shop in Lillehammer that I ordered from…correct plugs…and may still have them. The stock number for the BP5ES is 7832 and for the 6 is 7333 and I believe in EU the BP6ES 7333 has a EU stock number of 7811, shown in photo from the Lillehammer shop. Note that in a 4 or 6 or 8 pack supply may be limited, more in the 2 pack or one each. note that The 7131 is a Resistor plug. The 5 and 6 are still out there…from $2 each up to $8 and $12 each, in sets of 4, 6, 8 etc as well. No reason to pay a lot…just search,but be sure not the R. Message the seller to be sure. As with any true hoarder…I just had to get some more…so did.

Nick

As I have said earlier, I managed to track down some Champion N11 YC and some Champion N5C as well. I am happy to share them if someone needs a set.