Bet you’ve never seen an XJS like this

I’m going to put on my best overalls and take my lady out somewhere fancy. Dunno maybe the Breakers or something lol
This car is actually 100% rust free I just made it look weathered. The interior was already worn so I just continued to build upon that bahahaha

4 Likes

It’s like putting a potato sack on Sophia Loren
I don’t get it………

3 Likes

I have a 1958 Ford son tractor with a patina like that…. I refuse to paint it. Awesome

1 Like

Here’s some more shots for Joey who secretly loves it ahaha

1 Like

Looks fake. Woulda been more realistic to select places for rust, like along the rocker panels and around the wheel wells, leaving areas with the original paint showing like the rust hasn’t gotten there yet. Heck, you’ve even got rust on the plastic bumpers!

1 Like

I started off with just spots. But then the impulsive side of me went full throttle. I tried to keep it somewhere between a potato sack and Sophia Lauren :rofl:

1 Like

You should add some artwork to the driver’s side door that looks like a giant rust hole in the door where you can see the driver’s legs within.

1 Like

Paul Smith having a Grand Mal seizure when starting a stipe paint job, during a 7.2RS earthquake in the dark an hour after dropping acid and listening to Leonard Cohen.

“Distinctive” (and a great excuse to wash the splashes off La Gioconda). Give her my regards, James.

I’ve been toying with the idea of temporarily painting my long nose D-Type in peel-off camouflage paint, in the style of a Spitfire, complete with RAF roundels and fuselage numbers/letters. Pity you don’t live nearer. Does peel-off paint really come off (bare unpolished alloy) and permit subsequent over-painting?

1ab

1 Like

Peter great minds think alike. My 8 wheel XJS will be painted in a WW1 Royal Air Force scheme. A roundel here and there.
Wish I were closer I would love to help you paint yours. That D type is gorgeous.
PS I got that Paul Smith stripey car which is actually a beautiful labor intensive paint job

1 Like

Ye gads, I’d love to take your D-type on a spin up the Tail of the Dragon.

Perhaps surprisingly, that would not show it off to good effect Kirby. They designed them for one single thing: to win the 24h Le Mans and 12 hour endurance races, not sprints. The solid back axle is OK on flat, smooth, 2-3 mile straights but they didn’t excel so much on twisty courses. But then in order to achieve timed 175-180 mph top speeds in a mid-fifties street-legal car, requires a different set of design and tuning criteria than typical circuits.

2 Likes

I don’t like it… Where is self esteem and pride of ownership… Jaguar to me is close to having a Rolls… Also I feel privileged to have one. The old euphemism that beauty… Eyes of beholder… Etc.

1 Like

Ahhh… Finally, some love colours!

Everything, absolutely everything will be better than “racing green” which looks like typical roofing of old council estate in Huddersfield, UK.

1 Like

As it pertains to “pride of ownership,” I don’t think anybody can fault Mr. James’ commitment to the marque. That he uses XJs as an expression of art, is one of the highest compliments to the car itself!

2 Likes

Thanks Paul. Of course it ain’t everyone’s cup of tea I understand. This 95’ XJS was used and abused by previous owner. It has 218k miles on her. I bought it cheap, threw about $2k worth of parts into it to get it nice and reliable.
Where I live in rural Florida country, it’s easy to feel self conscious driving around in a perfectly shiny Jag convertible. But if it looks like this, my fellow red necks welcome me with open arms and I can still bring a Jag to the country club :grin:

4 Likes

Do ya have ‘before’ pix?

Is that a wrap on it or is it actually painted? Regardless of how anyone feels about the looks you can’t take anything away from the commitment if that is paint! Only thing I’d suggest is some aged lettering on the doors for a professional auto body shop. A bit of humor to it.

2 Likes

Yep paint. This is before wigs when my lady gave it a bath

Love it Love!
Keep expanding our minds.

1 Like

Wait a a min. … Lover has a g/f??? :open_mouth: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like