Bet you’ve never seen an XJS like this

I would recommend a couple of coats of clear coat paint .

1 Like

JLo,

Your Jag looks exactly the same externally, like everyone else’s internally. Hence they’re jealous…

Mind if I’ll ask - you’ve bought the paint or made it yourself? What reagents you’ve used to activate?

1 Like

James.

A guy and his Dad in Bogata, Texas would be impressed. They operate a You Tube channel.
Turningrust. If the project lacks patina, they add it…

Carl

1 Like

Well done James another fine jag and another one being used.

2 Likes

I have a neighbor who sanded his bonnet, splashed battery acid on it, clear coated the rust and now he drives around with it. Real rust.

1 Like

Keep up with the play Atty, that’s been general knowledge for ages.

2 Likes

Xjsbanger, I used some of the metal dust from the machine shop I work in occasionally at night and made a special formula. I activated with vinegar and salt. I then cleaned and used acrylic paint to add different textures. This license plate was brand new the day before but I had to make it look legitimately rusty even though it’s made from aluminum. I used a about 6 different colors and different brush strokes.

4 Likes

Is that still legal? :sweat_smile:
Nice formula (besides the vinegar). It looks perfectly realistic.

1 Like

That is amazing art, my friend!

2 Likes

Haha yes it’s as illegal as jaywalking. It’s a novelty car after all.

3 Likes

Some years ago I was across the street from a new Rolls-Royce convertible parked in San Diego… Some young guy walked up to it and forced himself to throw up into the seats… I couldn’t believe it… even though some of you guys like this sort of look it reminds me of that incident… I don’t have that much interest in rat rods either…, different strokes for different folks

1 Like

Ahaha I’m sorry you bear witness such a thing. I never did care for California. They do worse than that there now.

3 Likes

I once saw a Volvo in similar patina. It stood for months in the breaking zone of a local train station. Might still be there…

1 Like

Used to see paint on new cars that was stained by rail dust; wet sand and wheel because the rat rod look wasn’t in at the time.

1 Like

We have a house up near the Tail of the Dragon!

“…up near the tail”?

Hope you weren’t just ‘passing through’?

1 Like

I guess he could have gotten the same result with brake fluid? :thinking: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Dangggggggg … so does she love Jags as much as he does (Lover?) … or does she think u’re a bit, well, loco … :crazy_face: ?

1 Like

Ut oh … don’t give the “bad guys” any ideas on “concealing” their l.p. info. via that method, Lover … :shushing_face:

I wonder if they got the idea from that scene in that movie, Scrimbonator … :movie_camera: I forgot the name of it, but this kid gets real drunk and on the way out of the club he goes over to some $$$ car (Mercedes?) with open moon roof and barfs through it onto the inside … :face_vomiting: :oncoming_automobile: