Bettie's rebuilt engine is alive!

John, how do you treat your tires?
You have a beautiful car.

Wow, we’ll see you on the road pretty soon then, John.

LLoyd

Don't you just hate those who live in the US for ten years and never bother to learn the language?

I think no one should graduate from grade school without learning either Cherokee, Apache, Ute or Arapaho.

LLoyd July, 2014

I think you take them out for ice cream. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Martin, I noticed a brownish colored material all over the sidewalls of my tires - so I did some research on it and learned that it is an additives in the rubber that is intended to fight UV. It leaches out of the rubber over time. I cleaned it off with a detergent and now I plan to apply a tire dressing, but I am not clear on which brand rubber treatment to use for optimum result. The article I read said stay away from solvent suspended silicone treatments because the solvent is bad for the rubber. I have used Armor All in the past but I am researching which is considered the best right now. I’ll post what I learn later.

I’ve always liked Griots or One Grand rubber/tire dressing. 303 Aerospace protectant is also great stuff for just about anything, vinyl, rubber, plastic, etc.

Very nice car indeed, John. It’s been a long haul but it looks like it was all worthwhile.

Heading back up to Buffalo anytime this year?

Nick,
Yes we plan to come in late Summer sometime. We should get together again, it was great to meet you last time - another Anchor Bar visit maybe?

Sounds good to me, John, though I don’t think I’ll take the E. Not that the Anchor Bar’s in a particularly rough neighborhood, but I’d have a hard time relaxing and enjoying my Buffalo wings and draft beer thinking about it sitting unattended in the parking lot. Unless we can rendezvous again at Walter’s aka @Jeep_dude’s place so I can park it there?

Happy to see you’re getting the old girl back in action.

1 Like

Engine sounds good John!

Try Duffs for wings, guys. Way better than Anchor imho. I realize this is a topic akin to K&N or oil preference…

1 Like