Big 4 peter shurven

does any body know the rubber bushes used in the rear girling shock absorber control arms upper and lower i thought a ford type was used peter shurven

What vehicle do you need them for?

oops sorry 1948 mk4 girling shockers

Try SC parts based in Crawley UK

From what I can see in the '36-'48 Service Manual, they look similar to those in the Mark V, Mark VII and XK120. The link looks longer, but the bushings may be the same. Try XK120 parts vendors.

We find the UK supplied ones to be a bit short. Ideally they should be slightly longer than the tubular sectionthey go in so as to stop them coming out . We were using a Ford falcon rubber… and cheap too.
This had a ridge around one end that we cut off.
It’s also useful to machine a small groove half way along the pin. and /or tap the end to 1/4" thread and bolt a penny washer over the end.

thank you ed on removing linkage arm i proceeded to a well mown parts store and was given short shift can you tell me what ford part and model of ford used i would appreciate it thank you regards peter shurven

Peter

OK The part numbers [ dpending on where you are]

In Australia Mackay Rubber S248
or Spring shackle bush rear, Toyota Hilux, Ace and Stout
90385-18040
i presume this is the Toyota part number , we bought the Mackay RUbber version

They have a collar at on one end which you will need to grind off . Apart from that , same ID OD length etc
You will need rubber grease to put the new ones in
It’s an art . That’s why we prefer tapping he end of the pin for a penny washer

You c an also use the tapped hole to make a bullet shaped ’ lead ’ to screw temporarily onto the pin to guide the blunt end through.