Blower / Fan Heating

Hello, I have an XJ40 from 03/1990.

unfortunately I have a problem with the heating or interior blower.
this has a loose contact and only comes on very sporadically (also the red lamp from the heating control).
but when it runs, it runs even if the key is removed. actually the fan should also stop when the ignition is switched off.

what could that be ?
the switch itself in theontrol?
or the microswitch?

Now I have another question, somewhere I read that the blower only starts when the engine temperature is over 30 degrees Celsius.
Is that correct ?

thank you for your help and greetings

Hi Stojan, welcome to the forum, I can’t help with the first problem but yes there is a thermistor that keeps the blowers (2) from operating until the temp has come off cold in the engine, not sure what the trigger point is in deg C but there is one.

1 Like

Hi Robin, thanks for your answer and information. if the temperature is not applied to the thermistor, do the blowers not run? What do I do if the windows fog up in the morning? do I first have to let the engine run until the temperature is reached?

Sorry Stojan, I live in New Zealand and its quite temperate so don’t really have the problem of really cold weather and its a long time since I had my ‘40
Just a suggestion it is helpful for other members to know where you live, you can attach a flag to you avatar by going to the avatar top right and then to the star wheel and down to preferences and then profile.

1 Like

Putting the control on defrost should bring the blower on full force, if I remember correctly. I also think the car has a heated windshield.

hello,
the full power is there when it switches off.
Much rather confuses me that the ventilation runs even with the ignition off.
it can only be turned off using the fan switch!