Bluetooth systems for speakers

Not specifically Jaguar but it could be used on our cats.

Working on a GTO and finding major rust so focusing the budget on that repair, but we need to install speakers before the rear window goes in for an easier installation on the parcel shelf.

Radio is an old AM unit that could either be rebuilt to new standards or replaced with something special. Read Expensive!

In an attempt to save a few funds for rust repair here is the question.

Is there a way to install just a powered receiver unit in the trunk that can power the speakers that is powered by a Bluetooth signal from a cell phone and playing music from a playlist. This would eliminate the connectoin at this time between the radio and the speakers temporarily.

Local big box worker bees were somewhat clueless in answering my questions on this issue.

My thought is that if I can imagine such a system than somewhere it might exist?

Picture looks scary but Stan the GTO man can weld the sun!!

Don’t leave cars under tarps or packed into garages as non use will eat them alive!

Gerard

If ur asking whether you can connect your phone via Bluetooth to an amplifier unit, yes, and intend to do this on my 420G…(are you a MKX man too?)

The method (I) have looked at is to connect a smart phone via Bluetooth to an Android 7, which connects to amp.

There are “apps” available to allow your mobile phone to display an audio control suite

I also want GPS visible, hence the Android 7, which will mount in a spare slide-in picnic tray (in the 420G)
In your case, no need for the Android

not sure the range of Bluetooth…my Mrs car has a retrofitted 5" Pioneer audio/GPS system in her 2012 Mazda, and it works fine using Bluetooth, but its definitely a pita to use that way, it has cables as well

I’ve toyed with the idea of making a carputer and using the controls of an old AM/FM radio as the control head. I don’t want a radio with a display built in, but it seems a bother to need the phone just to turn the volume down.

Thinking of this with my Rover: my go-to for car sound is Crutchfield.