Body mount shims

Got the cowhorn in (1951 XK 120), had to raise the nose to do it. Getting ready to tighten the bolts. The body has had the sills replaced. I found 15 shims from the disassembly. Presently using 3 on each support, things seem to line up pretty well. Brake pedal hits close to center of hole. Firewall sits about 1/4" off the frame, just right for the two washers that got removed from each of the two mounting bolts there. Rear bulkhead also about 1/4" off the frame. However the rear wing sits about 3/8 - 7/16 off the frame extension. I have the felt in place, but am concerned that if I tighten the rear wing too much it will stress things too much, and perhaps mess with the fit of the doors. Should I only tighten the 8 rear bolts enough to hold things in place, or remove some shims to bring the rear wing closer to the frame extension?

Sounds like you need to shim the rear clip to take up the slack, then torque it down.

Thank you Nick! Sounds like a plan!

It’s what I had to do, Randy, also after extensive bodywork including new sills. Once you’ve got the doors fitting well you can see exactly where the rear clip needs to be, especially with the rear wings removed. I have half inch doughnut shaped blocks under the two mounting points directly behind the seats and up to 3/8” shims either side of the boot.