Body mounting bolts and spacers

Could someone tell me what finish was on the bolts and other fasteners that mount the body to the chassis (1955 140DHC), please?
I am having to start adjustment from scratch, as the gaps on my car were terrible before it was dismantled, and the spacer blocks do not appear to be in the correct places or distribution. I have bought a kit of new aluminium blocks and fibre washers from a well-known supplier, but oddly they are not the same range of thicknesses as the originals.
Any advice welcome! Maybe just fit new bolts rather than plate the old ones?

Roger

I don’t recall any fiber spacers from the removal of those packing pieces from my FHC…they are all aluminum, IIRC. Will look at my parts when I get the chance. The bolts are pretty well hidden so I would not worry about the finish…just my opinion.

I know the original bolts/nuts are of a special thread – 3/8-20tpi, I believe on my '51 '120. I don’t think that size is found anywhere else on the car. I replaced mine as the bolt heads and threads had suffered some due to rust over the years. My originals didn’t appear to have any plating but I’m thinking they probably started out with a phosphate coating.

Thanks - ⅜-20tpi is pretty common in British cars so I have a plentiful supply of replacements. And yes, I suppose they are quite well hidden so maybe I won’t go through all the hassle of replating, either myself or professionally.

They all had fibre packing spacers as well as aluminium, Lee - p.336 Viart. The front section of the body had fibre spacers only, the other 8 mounting points had at least one fibre spacer each. The fibre ones seem to give the fine adjustment.

Could be that some cars didn’t need spacers as thin as the fiber ones are…and now I’m curious to check mine.