Body rust repair and dents. Looking for recent labor charges

I just had very satisfactory work done on 2 cars, $50/hr in rural NC.

Our E-Type is still in primer and I am hesitant to recommend the body shop until we see the final paint.
The engine was just sent out to a separate outside shop this week.
When I’m happy with the work I will pass on the shop names.
Thanks,
Jim Fleetwood

Oh Boy, the key here is: What is the person who is doing the work getting paid…by the shop…
And having done 3 E resto’s…I am going to make a list of common places where corners are cut and/or work was not done…the two that comes to mind, NOW, is the door rubber seals in the corners…check the corners…may be 1/2 inserted. And the 3 gas tank fasteners…put a socket on them…tight? angled? loose?
Body work is an art…8 years ago…I paid an artist $900 to just paint one of my E’s…it took 4 hours…black, base coat, clear coat…and NOT buffed…as it was NOT needed…buffing (something I have to do when I paint) is a way to take out mistakes…no buff no mistakes…period
Mitch
Sealed headlight beam in the flat back buckets (used with covered headlights) do not fit in the grooves…so likely the sealed beam is tilted
Mounting of the starter has got to be spaced so the bendix does not hit the fly wheel
Bumpers edges likely grounded AFTER chromed…will peel the chrome and rust the edge
Tach likely will not work with electronic ignition contact spiyda.com Chris for kit and youtube video by ED