Bolts for a Fidanza Flywheel

Hi Matt,

I agree with your comment on the firing stress (gas pressure). Although I am not so sure about the crushing force (the static clamping force). I am thinking that would be shared. I am wondering if I couldn’t just apply torque to the head studs in a computer model and view the stress in the head gasket using FEA. Maybe apply gas pressure to one cylinder. Not sure if I will ever get around to it, but might be easier than trying to “do it by hand”, so to speak. And it would include contributions from the 3/8" studs. It’s been an interesting learning exercise. Not that I am an expert by any stretch.

I am hoping to model the coolant flow one day. I do have the head and the bulk of the block modelled. The thing about trying to get twice the HP from the engine, is that there’ll be twice the cooling demand. And if I can model the flow, I should be able to calc the ideal “Lutz” diameters in the head outlets. (And I’d love to model a reverse flow simulation also)

Ole, not sure if you are still on here or not. I’m wondering which bolts you ended up using with your Fidanza flywheel? Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi Robert,
I get notification if my name is mentioned, so yes, but passively.
I’ll check my records and let you know.
Cheers ….

Ole Würtz
West Yorkshire
England

Ole. You may want to edit your post to remove your address, no telling if unsavoury folk are lurking here.

Thanks for the tip, I’ll do that.
BTW, I wasn’t aware that these responses are posted on the forum.

Ole Würtz
West Yorkshire
England

I think you can make a private message PM response that only the one person can see. A fellow lister and I have had several private conversations
But I am not an authority in the site.

I believe you’re correct, but for now I’ve edited my signature on the forum.
Thanks for the tip …. Ole

1 Like

Robin,
I handed over all receipts to the buyer when I sold the car in connection with my move to the uk.
However, I bought ARP bolts - directly from ARP.
I found identical bolts on Amazon, but the seller stated they were produced in China !
When ARP themselves proudly stated on their website that their products were manufactured in the USA, I suspected the Amazon products were copies.
As mentioned I don’t have the product number but have two leftover bolts.
Dimensions:
Length from underside of bolt head: 25mm (1”)
Diameter and thread as original.

I hope this helps, cheers …. Ole

1 Like

Ole thats a big help. Thanks so much!