Boot Board Measurements

69 FHC

Does anyone have a diagram of the raw, uncovered boot board measurements for a S2 FHC. Just the 3 primary “flat” boards. Not the one directly behind the seats that raises, up etc. I was able to get the correct type of wood and recently ordered some from an area furniture manufacturer!

! I have researched the archives and haven’t located any post that have the info or I would not ask.

Thanks for any help

Mark

According to the sng catalogue the same 2 large boot boards are used for the series 1 Fhc and ots, the series 1.5 ots and the series 2 ots. I have a very nice set of drawings with measurements that a lister posted here a couple of years ago for the series 1. I do not know if there is a significant difference for the series 2 fhc. I can send you the pics if you want. I would credit the original poster if I could remember who it was.

I would appreciate that Geoff. I have a real nice drawing of the boards, but they only have the dimensions of the metal strips and rubber stops, etc. I’m concerned about measuring myself and having them not fit when the upholstery is put in! I will use the info to confirm if those measurements appear to be correct.

Thank You

Mark

Sent. Slight correction. They were originally posted on the etypeuk forum.

69 FHC

Thank You. The 3d one is the one that I have. The other 2 are what I needed. Thank you. s2 boards don’t have the 2 unique cutouts at the rear. I will see if the other measurements will work.

Mark

For the FHC Series 1 3.8 generation. Maybe these will get you in the ballpark.

1 Like

Excellentamundo John! Thank you also. Very nicely done. It reflects the appearance of your car! I hope you and yours are healthy and enjoy your new surroundings!!

I’m going to start cutting tomorrow! The last thing on this issue is… I am still confused as to how the forward ends of these 2 sections you have attached interact/meet the shorter section and the 3 raised brackets. I’m attaching a very old pic of when I first started taking mine apart!

DSCN8464

I didn’t keep my old boards because I knew I’d have to make new and I failed to take pics of how they were attached. I was 28 at the time and knew I’d remember how it went together!! That was 44 years ago and I was WRONG!

Mark
Murrieta, Ca.

For anyone else interested in boot boards here are the pics I sent Mark yesterday. Was having trouble getting them to load yesterday but managed today.

69 Coupe

Here’s what has me confused. In the photo I appropriated along the way, the yellow arrow points to the metal piece that sits atop the 3 brackets across the flooring above the IRS. Is this an “L” piece that is affixed to the bottom of the lateral board that then serves as the shelf for the 2 rear boot boards? If it is, that would mean there has to be a reasonably thick sound/heat barrier under that lateral board to fill the area below the board; which would be fine with me!!

I know the smaller boot board that covers the gas tank, or petrol tank for those of you across the pond, has a flat metal piece that attaches to the bottom of that board to serve as the left shelf for the larger, spare tire board?

So after my rambling, is the piece at the arrow an “L” shaped metal piece?

Mark

Mark, I don’t have it in front of me, but I’m 99% certain it is L shaped metal, almost identical to the one that separates the boards over the gas tank and wheel. It screws to the underside of the lateral board, and then has sheet metal screws that attach it to the “hat” standoffs.
You’re correct about the insulation. This is a picture of my 68 which I’m quite certain was original and you can see the insulation which I’m guessing is about 3/8” thick

Thank you very much. I’m trying to get everything ready for the interior so I am really researching all the posts since the order of things is very important. I save every photo I can find of those who have done it and posted pics. They really come in handy to determine where insulation can be put down and where it will interfere with upholstery later down the line.

I really made some major mistakes when I parked the car in 1980! There are so many things that I should have removed and packed properly. I was very lucky and able to bring most of the small chrome pieces back to pretty nice condition after seeing what some of these things cost now! My younger days thoughts of “I’ll” just buy some new one’s" was short sighted to say the least.

Again, thank you for responding!

Mark

Mark, one last thing. The leading edge of the board gets tucked under the sheet metal rail in front of it. I remember when inserting mine, the back end of the board, the one that has the sheet metal L attached and screws to the “hats”, was held up a bit high by the thickness of the insulation underneath it. Not much, maybe only an inch or two, but enough so that I had to gently push it down to engage the sheet metal screws. I mention this so that the thickness of the insulation underneath can be configured to the right thickness. Too thick and the board will be sticking up too high on the backend, and too thin and the board will just lay flat. Hope this helps

69 Coupe

Thanks Robert. I was thinking that must be the way it worked. I’m assuming a small strip of upholstery and some thin padding go on top of that edge and tucks under? I was thinking I would have to account for that so the board would not have to be crammed under that edge and screw up the appearance!

mark