Boot guides/Bumpers

Ok boys and Girls

here is you next challenge attached are pictures of some bumpers/guides I would like to get for my MKII, the boot lid is not from my 64 MKII and ‘may be’ from a 340 or 420.

Does anyone know where I can get these (XK’s Unlimited could not find them ?)

Please help if you can.

https://xks.com/i-18927805-jaguar-rubber-wedge-e-type-hatch-xj-boot-lid-ja-bec14310.html

WOW

That’s it, your amazing thank you so much, I wonder why XK’s Unlimited couldn’t find it ?

This message it sent to you courtesy of Gary’s fingers on is IPad :joy::uk::scream::us:

Ian, Gary,
I do not believe that is the part that you are looking for. I have those bumpers on the boot lid openings of my 1987 XJ6 and 1990 V12 Vanden Plas. They are similar in design but much smaller than what you are looking for. I have no idea where you can find the part you need but perhaps if you or someone else had Jaguar Parts Catalogue for your model you can get a part number and start there.

Paul

Thanks I shall call XKS unlimited and ask them to give me measurements.

Gary

Gary,
I am out in my garage and just took the attached picture of one of the small rubber buffers ( BEC14310 was BD31972) on my 1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas. It measures about 1" long by 3/4" wide by 3/8" tall.

Paul

That looks like the sort of part you could carve out on a band saw.
www.mcmaster.com for blocks of rubber.

1 Like

I do have them on my boot , I will measure them see what size they are , as they are original ones !

20190319_083143 20190319_081636 20190319_081649

hey guys sorry never responded before these pictures are great I now have what I need.

Gary,
It is good to know that you got what you needed, but what part did you get and where did you get it?

Paul

Hi Paul

I got them from XKs Unlimited and the part number is BEC14310 priced at 8.99 each.

Gary