Boot hardware missing?

Eventually, I will be installing the new BAS interior that I purchased and have been doing some planning on everything that will need done. I was visiting a friend a few weeks ago that also has a 1969 Series 2 FHC and we were looking in the boot and I was surprised to see some hardware on the two boot boards in the rear of the car.

Specifically, there were some fixtures that allowed for the spare tire side to be aligned with the top edge. Tonight while reviewing my part catalog from SNG, I spotted another piece that is not installed on my car and that is a metal edge piece that is attached to the smaller of the two rear boot boards that keeps the spare tire side from drooping down into the spare opening.

Unfortunately, my friends is now recovering from Covid and I can’t go back over there to take some photos, so I was wondering if anyone with a S2 FHC would be willing to post a few pictures of the hardware pieces in place that are used to align the boot boards so that they snap into place properly. I’m not sure why, but my car has none of those parts.

Bob mine is a 68 so I assume series 1 rather than series 2 in the area you are seeking. Have you ever used the PHOTO tab on XKE Data ? It has sort options so that you can filter down to series, body style and area etc. that you want to browse. I have used this many times especially to look at cars built around the same time as mine. Just a thought.

David
68 E-type FHC

1 Like

Bob, mine is a '66 but I believe the pieces you’re talking about are generic and common to fhc’s. I’ll take a few pics when I go out to the garage later and send them to you.

Bob,
Mine is a 65, but the boot boards are the same as far as I can tell.

This is the board over the tank.

Over the IRS.

Over the spare.

Paul

1 Like

Thank you.

I see on the board that sits over the IRS, that it has spaced holes about a 1/2 in diameter. As I recall, my friends boot board had a pin that was on the gas tank and spare boot boards that slotted into those holes.

Yes, there are clips similar to these ones on the upstand and pins like these:

Paul

1 Like

Thank you…