Boot lock barrel removal Mark2

I am refurbishing 1962 Mark2 3.4 that someone fitted a Mark9 3.8 to. The ignition key fits the glovebox but will not lock the boot lid. I got a new set of barrels and keys from David Manners. In trying to replace the boot lock barrel
, I removed the mechanism and got the button unit off the locking mechanism, but I cannot see how to get the old barrel out of the press button. There is a tiny hole on both sides of the unlocking prong. One side flush and the other about 25 thou deep. I have punched both ends lightly with a tiny pin punch and neither moved. I have no key to insert. The barrel is in the unlocked position.
Can someone please tell me how the barrel releases to replace it. Photo of the “prong” unit attached showing both sides with the diametral small hole.
Regards
SAJ in NZ

Blockquote

I think the key needs to be in before you can get the barrell out.

Thanks. The problem is I dont have a key. If I did, the barrel still would not come out without releasing the prong part at the rear.
In the end I ground a concrete nail into a tiny pin punch, shown in the photo. I then punched out the pin shown until the back prong part came off. It took a lot of force since one end of the pin is splined. I had thought from what I read here that it was a spring loaded pin that just needed pushing in to release the barrel. I then tried a load of “Union” keys from my collection and one of those that went in allowed me to tap the barrel out from the rear. It was not the correct key, did not open the glovebox and one of the wafers that was not retracted got bent in tapping the barrel out. But at least it is apart. The brand new barrel was not properly swaged where the chrome escutcheon part is formed over the barrel, so needs reworking. Plus I have to drill the hole for the retaining pin now.