Brake and tire wear

I’

Hi I’m new to this forum, I’ve been looking at xkr Carfax reports and there seems to be brake pad/rotor replacement along with new tires after 10-20k miles. Any comments, I’m seriously considering 2013 xkr after my 63 e-type. Any other issues?
Frank 63 coupe

This may be so for the Alcon brakes on some special edition models, but the standard brakes on the XKR (at least on my '08) seem to be wearing at a normal rate.

Tony

Thank you Tony, for your replay. I believe the 2013 doesn’t have them. Any major issues to look out for? I’m interested in the xkr with dynamic and speed pack, aero package would be a plus with interior diamond stitching. Have to sell my 63 coupe first though. Thanks in advance for any information.

I’m not as familiar with the 5.0 models, as I don’t have one (yet). Other than hearing of an issue with water pumps (service records should show whether this has been addressed) I think most of the bugs were worked out of these cars by then. You really have to find a way to keep the E. That way, when someone says “Is that your Jag?” you can say “Yeah, one of them”.