Brake conversion to vacuum brakes on a 94 xj40

is there any way to remove abs and and accumulator to convert to vacuum brakes with out abs

Try posting this on the XJ40 forum. Many have converted the XJ40 to vacuum brake boost - don’t know about getting rid of the Teves ABS though.

Now moved into the xj40 section. So much fun to move threads, I can’t even.

1 Like

Hi thunder I did it in my XJ40 I was told here that it cant be done and to buy the correct parts from wreckers (breakers) as Im in Australia there isnt any spare parts for XJ40s so I built my own I got a piece of flat steel about 5mm thick drilled a 70mm hole and made a template to suit my new XJ6 booster I removed the power thing and ran the two lines into each other and drilled into number 5 inlet runner the brake pedal had to be lowered about 1 inch to fit the booster and I also had to remove the power steering tank a little bit so now I have brakes that work all for under $100 about 50 pounds and a bit of drilling and stuff you can buy kits but at $600 I wasnt rich enough for that so good luck with yours and it can be done

1 Like

thanks john i was wondering about ther hydrovac lines and what i would need for pedels to work i have a shop and this car is just a project i have a small 7 inch booster and master cylinder from a customers project , the accumulator is not available here in any breaking yards,and brake line fittings are different so i will end up adapting the lines did you keep your abs . did you take any pics of how your changed it?
Thanks so much for replying Dave Dickson