Brake leak that I cannot find

My 1994 XJS convertible has developed a brake leak that I cannot find . It seems to be somewhere in the area of the drivers side, as there wa a puddle of brake fluid on the floor of my garage near the front wheel. I removed the wheel and found some brake fluid around the wheel well bracket that connects the speed sensor , just above this bracket is a hose of about 1 1/2 inches diameter. This hose seems to have brake fluid in it. The other end of the hose connects to a bracket on the firewall in front of the dashboard. Does any one know what this hose is for and how brake fluid could be in it. As usual Thanks to anyone who can help me with this problem…Terry Spoor

Your master cylinder may be leaking into the vacuum booster and then out the vent hole. That would put the leak in position to do as you have described. Only way to tell is to pull the master cylinder. Good luck!

thanks for the info. Turns out it is a leaking caliper seal, and the fluid that I saw was throwback from where hte fluid dripped onto the wheels. Thanks again for the speedy reply…Terry Spoor