Brake Light Failure Module

Any one that has followed this forum for long will have seen many inquiries as to why their brake lights have quit working. I once again have this issue.
IMHO the stupid device known as the Brake Light Failure Module is extremely dangerous. You check that all your lights are working before hitting the road and then without any warning your brake lights fail because of this stupid Brake Light Failure Module.
Thinking of just getting rid of it and doing a weekly walk around to check my lights. Doing that any way is a good idea.

1 Like

Yep. Pre-Trip-Inspection. Mandatory if you have a CDL, and a good habit regardless.

You’ve lost me … Are you saying that a bad BFM can actually cause some of the lights in the system to stop working? :confused: If so, first I heard of that … Usually the gripe is that if the BFM is bad then the warning light falsely stays on all the time instead of going out after (30?) seconds if everything is A O.K. …

Hahaha. This is Jaguar, electrics courtesy of the Prince of Darkness. Don’t know about the brake lights in particular but here’s a recent thread for your edification and amusement:

An in-line fuse for a license plate light? That speaks loads right there … :crazy_face: