Brake servo assistance MK 2

Was servo assistance an optional extra on 1962 3.4. mk 2?
There doesn’t appear to be any assistance on mine so I assume there isn’t one. Does any one have a Mk 2 with a servo as I can’t see much room to fit one. A photo would be helpful of one installed.
Many thanks for all your help with my other questions…

If you have disc brakes your car came
with a servo, which is located in the right front fender. Look at the
inner fender wall, next to the engine, opposite the distributor.

Mike Eck

New Jersey, USA

www.jaguarclock.com

'51 XK120 OTS, '62 3.8 MK2 MOD, '72 SIII E-Type 2+2

The following is a photo that I took during reassembly of our 63 3.8L MK2. This image illustrates the mounting configuration and brake line routing for a LHD Automatic Transmission configuration.

The 3.4/3.8 Jaguar Spare Parts Catalogue indicates that Power Assisted Brakes were fitted to all MK2’s beginning at the initial chassis numbers for RHD & LHD 3.4L cars and all RHD & LHD 3.8 L cars as follows:

150001 - 3.4L RHD
175001 - 3.4L LHD
200001 - 3.8L RHD
210001 - 3.8L LHD

Fitment of the Power Assisted Brake Servo continued through the end of 3.4L/3.8L MK2 production uninterrupted as there is no discontinuation point noted in the Spare Parts Catalogue.

I can’t comment regarding the 2.4L cars as I do not have the appropriate factory Spare Parts Catalogue for this MK2 variant.

I hope this helps.

Hi
Many thanks.

Is it easy to get at as a driveable car? I suspect it needs repairing/replacing as I can’t feel any assistance. Or is it the case that one doesn’t feel the effect as one would in a modern car? I have to press pedal really hard to get full effect as in an emergency stop.

regards

They make a great deal of difference.
The old Dunlop brake calipers seize on a regular basis. Start by striping them down before anything else, or better still get rid and replace with something else. The servos came in two sizes the replacements are usually the larger ones.
In my mind a servo is essential on these cars.