Brake Servo Vacuum Tank Check Valve

I follow your logic - the configuration you suggested is in line with how the valve would be hooked up in the car. But isn’t the test I performed correct too? The way I looked at it was once there’s vacuum in the tank and brake servo (red and blue ports), that vacuum should hold when the engine is shut off and the black port goes to atmospheric.

Just to report.
The Raybestos part that I installed is still working!

Dennis 69 OTS

To close the loop with the check valve issue I was having - I returned the two new, leaking ones to the vendor I purchased them from, and I was refunded the cost of the items as well as the shipping. I asked the vendor to check their inventory for a systemic or supplier problem with these valves, but they’ve “sold 99 of these since acquiring _________ in the last year, year-and-a-half, and have only had two returns”. So, buyer beware - definitely bench test before installing.

I ordered a third check valve, from a different vendor, and that one checked out good, right out of the box. This vendor acknowledged past issues with these and is now making them in house.

RobY

Could you post the name of the vendor selling the successful valve for those who need one. Also posting positive comments will hopefully encourage vendors to strive for quality parts.

SNGB…20 characters

1 Like