Broadsport 5 Speed?

I’ve spoken many times to Paul and believe he feels the copies of his transmission are inferior.

Mike Oldak

I understand that is what he believes.

:slightly_smiling_face::

Looks very much like it, I had one of Uryks on order, but was left waiting too long, so had my mine rebuilt instead, four is fine with a 3.07 or 2.88…

Hi Brian,

Thanks much for the infos. Good idea on the sealed U-joints. I have done a bunch of the upgrades along the way (fans, electronic ignition, aluminum rad, spin-on filter, and the like).

I just e-mailed Broad about finalizing a price for a “bulk” purchase, for their box. I will let you know if/when they respond.

If you find any more info honing in on the prop shaft shortening dimension, please share. If you can dig up any pics, that could be good, too. I take it your 2+2 was originally a 4 speed, whereas I am doing the full-on conversion from an automatic (ugh).

Keep me posted as to your shifter situation- I take it you have something in there, working, as is?

Thanks again,

Huff

Paul just overhauled and upgraded my JT5 to his latest specs. Hard to believe it was almost 19 years old already and about 100k miles. It took him longer than expected because of delays getting parts

It s a shame because it is such a great setup

Good for you! By chance, were you able to now pull the trans out without pulling the engine?

Thanks,

Huff

Just got word from the Broadsport folk (I think this is good news and a great offer):

(per Tom, at Broad) I am willing to do a deal with you based on how many people buy gearboxes and it will go as follows, but the order must be placed before the end of the week for this deal to stand. Everyone can pay individually, here are the prices per box.
3 : £2650.00 each
4: £2600.00 each
5: £2550.00 each
6: £2500.00 each
7: £2450.00 each

This is a one time deal and I won’t offer this again, but if it is for club people I am will to do this as a one off deal. 7 Gearboxes is the maximum I will do. The propshafts will be £250.00 each if they want a new prop shaft. People will have to collect the gearboxes or pay a shipping charge.

The other thing I am willing to do as part of this one time deal is a special deal on new flywheels and clutches if enough people buy them.

Thanks
Tom

If only I had a Jaguar to install one in…:joy::joy::joy:

Everything was out for restoration. Old JT5 couldn’t come out without pulling the engine but the updated version can

I am in.
Thanks
Mark

I am in too
Craig B
Thanks Huff for all your behind-the-scenes action to keep this deal alive.

I sent you a personal e-mail

Craig

Yes Huff,
Thanks much for your efforts. The email says we have to order this week.

What do I need to do?

Mark Tangney

Huff

I would also like to know the next step. If it as simple as calling them and making my order:

1. Who do I call?
  2. What is his number?
  3. Do I simply say I am part of the bulk purchase negotiated by Huff?
  4. What is the price now? Can I assume there are the three of us (so £2650 or $3680.53) or has the number increased?

I am ready to commit – just need some specifics.

Craig

Craig

Deadline has been extended a week. At this point they want to know who all is ordering, and what sundries inclusive (prop shaft, clutch cover, flywheel, etc…- I am only getting the box and will source out the other goodies, later) and I will relay the list. Orders will be placed by each buyer. Am in the throes of getting the bank info, for transfer) or discern if they take a credit card.

More, soon,

Thanks,

Huff

Huff

I am still in
The only component I intend to order is their 5-speed tranny.

For any other V12 owners interested in this offer, the only V12 tranny component Broadspeed carries in the tranny itself, They do NOT carry prop shaft, clutch cover, flywheel for the V12.

Craig

Ill check my driveline shop in Nth Denver, and see if they are still in bidness. If so, prop shafts are eeeasy!

Thanks Wiggie – I appreciate it – -- Craig

Huff, I am also a candidate if the deal is still open.
Have dropped you a pm.

Somebody has just asked me about a 5-speed if the deal is still open?

Pete