Bulbs for dash on 69 E Type

Is there a list of the bulbs used in the dash area of 69 E Type. So far i have found the Clock light out and the light that shines down on the center instrument cluster.

Assuming this list of Series III bulbs is close to or similar to those used in a Series II:

During my restoration, I replaced many of the incandescent bulbs with LEDs. This photo lists the LEDs I used. From this you ought to be able to backward engineer the incandescent bulbs.

1 Like

The light for the clock is a BA7s configuration rated at 12V and 2W. I believe the lights for the switch label strip are the same.

Mark,
Do you have a copy of the “JAGUAR 4.2 LITRE ‘E’ TYPE SERIES 2 OPERATING, MAINTENANCE AND SERVICE HANDBOOK”?

The table on page Xii has a listing of the lamp bulbs.
If you don’t have a copy yet then you should really get one because it has the answer to this question as well a hundreds of other questions that you may ask about your car. Original copies of this manual show up from time to time on eBay (that is where I got mine) and some of the Jaguar suppliers carry reprints.

Paul

Most, if not all, the original bulbs for the dash were incandescents that glowed green after their light passed through a green plastic filter. Those filters have faded and deformed with age (at least in my car). I found that using green LEDs was an easy way to fix the green light of the dash. For example, my legend strip used to glow both green and white because the green filter had twisted. Without touching the filter, which is damn hard to get to, green BA7S LED bulbs having it all glowing green.

1 Like