Buying a mk 7 jaguar

One thing I would require is a short video or pics from underneath showing the inner lower sill along its entire length, both sides. If that is perfect, buy it

I have 2 MKVII and wrecked several rusty ones

did see a restored one for sale, had $US 60k in receipts and they were asking $30k

I sold a MKVIII to a wedding company for $2k…they spent an enormous amount on restoring what was a nice car, that I wish I never sold to them

I’ve spent a lot of years driving Mk7s as my daily transportation. Mechanically they are quite simple compared to many other jaguars and usually you have a good amount of room to work. If you buy a Mk7 it won’t be long before you wish you bought a Mk9. Over the years I have found they are mostly owned by people with no Jaguar background. They have them worked on by their local mechanic who “can fix anything”. How long do you think gas is going to stay below $2/ gal.? I changed the 4.27:1 rear with a 3.54. Better than having Overdrive. An early 4.2 goes in rather well and also makes a big difference. If that 7 has an automatic look elsewhere. That DG250MJ simply sucks.

2 dollars a gallon , !!! , I know yours is smaller than ours in the UK , but our gallon costs 6 bloody quid !!! Its a manual box , and yes , it would be nice to have o.d , but it is what it is , and I’ll enjoy it . I’m probably one of those who gets others to do the big stuff , I just change oil , service it and enjoy driving it . Its that time of life . Best Regards Ken