BW model 12 in a 420

Hi folks.

I have sort of an “in-between” question.

I just put a BW 12 trans from an S1 into a jaguar 420 (which had a model 8). As you know, the model 12 uses a vacuum kickdowm via a vacuum modulator on the box connected to the inlet manifold via a pipe and a few hoses. The model 8 uses a cable. This I know.

I got an S1 engine and gearbox but the pipe between vacuum modulator and manifold were missing and I can´t find any good illustrations to guide me…

Where excactly is the vacuum pipe attached to the inlet manifold and how it is attached to the vacuum modulator…?

Thanks.

someone with a S1 XJ will help you soon on the vacuum,

possibly might want to post this question in the XJ section, altho there are some cross-readers

they also have a microswitch for electrical kickdown as part of the external throttle mechanism, did you get that ?

If it ever stops raining here I will get some photos and post. The pipe is about 5/16" OD and has a hose returning onto the modulator at the rear of the tranny. Tony is right about the solenoid that controls the kick down. The microswitch is mounted at the end of the accelerator cable on a bracket that supports the accelerator linkages. Paul.

Thanks very much to you both :slightly_smiling_face:

Here’s my XJ6 S1. A steel tube coming from under the manifold becomes a vacuum hose, then another steel tube running to the back of the gearbox.