Cabin Filter Is there one? I can't find it

Hi everyone,
I’ve read about “changing the cabin filter” but I can’t find where it. which does begs the question is there one?

I had a 97 xj6L and don’t recall it having a cabin air filter. My x350 has one, and it is on the right firewall in the engine compartment.

I don’t think there is one on the X300, there was IIRC on the X308.

Jaguar X300 pollenfilter JLM12085

Find and read TSB 412-09. It will not load here as .pdf on the forum.

bob

Bob, TSB 412-09 is for the X308, JLM12085 is for the300 but as the TSB says: you have to remove and clean the old one!

Thinking back I think it is located under the scuttle infront of the window.

Scuttle? The plastic bits covering the throttle assembly in the middle, and the fluid reservoirs on the LH side, and the ECM / tool kit on the RH side?

Just to make sure I understand the model, the XJR in 2002 is a X308, right? The X300 is pre-2000…

The XJ’s of the past are so much simpler. :wink:

Oh, and what dies IIRC mean?

If I ReCall.

I was getting confused re the scuttle see:

Also Google: jaguar x308 pollen filter relacement for a lot more info re suppliers etc.

I’m getting confused once more now:

Good luck

Mmmmmm … something is odd here …
My 98 XJ8 Canadian model is different. It had small self adhesive filters (5?) under the windscreen Motor. These are not available and Jaguar says to remove and discard. Is the 99 different?

I worked at the dealer when the X300 and X308 were NEW and I have NEVER seen a cabin filter installed on any sold here in US. The ROW might have had them but if there were ANY in the US they were UNCOMMON. The X350, X200 and X400 were the first to have cabin filters as standard AFAIK.

bob

1 Like

Thank you, I looked under the glove box and I couldn’t find one. Haha. Your reply is timely. Cause I was about to dig deeper

The attached picture shows where mine were before my mechanic removed them and threw them away !!!

They were under the plenum at the base of the front windscreen.

This is a US or Euro spec car?

This car is Canadian … if you look through the plenum you should see the filters or the holes where they were. A call to your local Jaguar dealer will confirm …

Thank you, i will take a peek