Cable problems at MKV

I also ordered a lot of parts from SNG Barratt. Unfortunately, the answer to a mail for my taste sometimes takes a long time. If you want to restore a MK V, you must be very flexiebel in the procurement of the necessary parts and find all possible sources of supply.

Cheers

Geri

1 Like

Wow! That SNG carries something so low-volume as that… speaks VOLUMES about that amazing company.

Hi Tim,

I agree, and really would like to encourage buying MKV and MKIV parts from them, and I do, but you do have to keep in mind what others have said. This is no complaint and I will buy MKV parts from them, maybe again next week, bus as an example I ordered the MKV door stop rubber buffers, eight of them, two for my car, four for another Saloon and two just so I would have a couple of extra. It took a bit longer than 18 months, I was told they came from Australia, and they were unusable. :-o

I was nice and gave them the correct dimensions, as I did have two to begin with, and I could not figure out where the ones they shipped me were supposed to go, because they were cylindrical and much too small diameter and way too long, looked more like suspension bushes.

Also, IIRC it’s really good they can deliver those rough water rails, but they can not supply the seals for it, can they? Even with exhaust manifold seals they occasionally have some, but rarely all the needed ones, sometimes for 2 1/2 Litre only etc.

But lets keep on trying, I might just order some later this week! :slight_smile:

Sounds like maybe Scott’s Old Auto Rubber, in Oz: contact them directly?