***Calling All E type OTS Enthusiasts: Boot Seal Big Buy!

I wouldn’t try to get fancy with a 45° miter cut, I would just use a straight 90° cut and make sure it’s accurate and tight.

3 Likes

That’s kind of what I was thinking, Craig. If there’s any leak at the joint, it would be at the downhill end and would then drain out of the lid drain.

Yeah, but Paul, you know we’ve got to overthink and overengineer these things. I’ve got some router bits for my woodworking and maybe I could make a lock miter joint on the ends. :rofl:

1 Like

Meh… go big: mortise and tenon joint!

:laughing:

Make it pretty- dovetail…

1 Like

Hi Candiece, I just need enough to do another two boot perhaps 12" over for both. I’ll check tomorrow and give you an exact length, Have a good night :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not that I don’t trust your skillz, but if 12" will work, I would be SUPER impressed. :hugs:

:joy:

2 Likes

Woodworking thread over there>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You guys crack me up!

I needed that laugh this morning, THANK YOU!

:crazy_face:

1 Like

Nah, dovetails don’t look good unless you use contrasting woods.
edit: Now if we could get another supply in, say, white then we could splice a black section and a white one together and that would look pretty cool! But would we get marked down when we enter in concours competitions?

2 Likes

No.

You’d get your badonkadonk kicked out.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That’s funny :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Hi Candiece, The length I would need is 20’ (feet) total…

1 Like

Garth
The vendor sells the seal by the meter.
The good news is 20 feet = 6.096 meters
Craig

Thanks for the correction Craig. I’ve always loved to have more than enough, just in case…

Got it!

That would be enough for 2 more cars. :+1:

Waiting to see if those I tagged, that missed out last time, are in on the next group buy.

Candie

1 Like

IF you are in for the next group buy, as several got shorted previously, please respond with the amount you are interested in.

Do not have the all in price for this order, but with the last order; each seal, all in cost was $30 ($29.74 exactly). This included seal and shipping from UK to me and then shipping me to you (In continental US).

Please advise length of seal you want.
@willinda 7M
@davchr 4M
@TexasJagMan
@Rick_Macclymont
Al Sadur
Mike Oldak
@rogerblincow
@F18driver

1 Like

Hi Candiece,
I would like enough for one car. Is that 6M? Seems like a lot but I am sure you know.
How do you want to be paid?

thanks,
Dave Christensen

| c1nicole Candiece Barnthouse
May 13 |

• | - |

IF you are in for the next group buy, as several got shorted previously, please respond with the amount you are interested in.

Do not have the all in price for this order, but with the last order; each seal, all in cost was $30 ($29.74 exactly). This included seal and shipping from UK to me and then shipping me to you (In continental US).

Please advise length of seal you want.
@willinda 6M
@davchr
@TexasJagMan
@Rick_Macclymont
Al Sadur
Mike Oldak
@rogerblincow
@F18driver

The exact measurement that my boot took was under 118", on the last buy most got 4M, 6M would be enough for 2 cars. :+1:

See post #115 for payment info, but DON’T PAY yet, unless I confirm there are enough to place another order.

Candie

2 Likes

118" = 2.9972 meters which – in my book – cuts it really close.
I almost hesitate to mention this cuz it adds to the admin burden on dear, sweet Candie
BUT
if the number of orders is an even number then a 7 meter length would satisfy 2 orders and enable Candie to send each order-ee 3.5 meters eliminating the awfully close cut to get 118" (if that length proves accurate across all vehicles).

BREAK BREAK – – NEW TOPIC
Candie – to avoid the last minute scramble that resulted in the initial group buy, I recommend you identify an absolute drop-dead date at which point one of two things will occur

1. you consolidate the order and move forward with COH
  2. you determine there are not enough orders to move forward and cease work

If you concur, I would propose a date this is about two weeks from today which would be Friday 27MAY22 or to make it bit less arbitrary - no later than the end of the month Tuesday 31MAY22

2 Likes

I concur with Candie’s measurement. 118" is 2.997 meters. Thus, with an even 3 meters, you’ll have an inch or two left over. But rounding up to four meters, you’ll be tossing roughly three feet four inches. Many of us got extra to be safe. I bought 7 meters split between two cars.

2 Likes