Can An Existing Ad In Classified Be Modified

I would like to modify the price on an ad I have running in the classifieds. I don’t see any function for that. Is there a way or do I just cancel it and prepare a new ad?

Thanks
Lou

You can edit the ad just as you would edit your post here.

I asked if an existing classified item could be modified, and the response was yes.

I have tried to edit an ad, but typing has no effect on the existing text. What am I missing??

Thanks
Lou

Have you ever edited something? After you click on the edit option, the text field should appear. The left side is for editing, the right a preview. Then you need to click on save edit and that should be it. Where are you ‘thrown out’?
Maybe the Classified section is different, I wouldn’t know.

Are you trying to edit the title or the ad itself?

To edit the text you want to click on the pencil icon below the text and just to the right of the chain links icon.

Looks like there was a bug in Discourse at some point, hopefully fixed by now. But, it did affect some ads here. If you find yourself unable to edit or delete an ad, just let one of the admins know in a DM, and they’ll take care of it for you.

1 Like

David. With regard to modifying an existing ad you say in part “after you click on the edit option…”

Where on the page is the edit option ?

Thank you

Lou

There. The pencil icon (for the title, there is a similar icon close to the text of the title).

David

1 Like