[CANCELLED] 1988 V-12 XJS Hess and Eisenhardt convertible FOR SALE

Description:1988 xjs convertible

Asking price (if selling):$9888.00

Contact information: Bob, Rhode Island. please PM me if interested.

Cost of shipping (if selling):

Willing to ship worldwide? No
Come save Uncle Rons’ Jag. So my uncle lives in Kentucky and has a summer place on Cape Cod.
This was the summer car, re: approx. 700 miles use per year! Odometer reads 21,400 give or take.
I’m tasked with helping sell it. Uncle is older now and doesn’t get up here as often.
Last two weeks: NEW
4 tires,fuel filter,12 plugs,cap and rotor. I have run a couple of tanks of fuel through driving around.

It has its gremlins as usual. rear windows don;t work ,a/c warm, fuel gauge not correct, temp control spins freely. I’m sure i’m missing some other quirks but It only has 21K miles.
Hoping there is someone with the Know and the dough that would want it>
I see the prices all over the place so I have landed on a starting price and am entertaining ALL Offers!
Thanks in advance! Bob.

Asking $9888.00

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

Bob,
Nice car.
Just in case you aren’t aware this is one of the Hess and Eisenhardt (H&E) convertibles. This car originated as an XJ-S coupe and was modified after built under contract to Jaguar into a convertible. Buyers purchased a coupe and then paid extra to have it modified. Jaguar never intended to make an XJ-S convertible but there was a market demand for them. H&E modified the coupes into convertibles for a few years until Jaguar resolved their manufacturing issues and started producing convertibles on their production line in about 1988. If you look on the front fenders you will see the H&E badging. There were other companies doing this as well, including Lynx in the UK and various other shops.
Good luck with the sale.

Paul

Thanks Paul, I have that info but read it as the conversions done by Hess had 2 fuel tanks to allow for the low profile roof retraction? I read that jaguar started their own mid 1988, and thought this may have been one of those because it has one fuel tank?
I see the badges but didn’t want to miss represent.
??