[CANCELLED] 3.8 XK Engine for Sale

(Include at least one picture)

Description: 3.8 XK engine from a 1965 S Sedan, approx. 150 mi from what I remember, and was from a running car. Assembled oil pan - block- head. This is not the ‘gold’ head for XKEs. Stored in a shed in VA but will be relocated to central Montana if not sold beforehand. Photos to follow

Asking price (if selling): Best Offer

Contact information: please msg me

Cost of shipping (if selling): Local pick-up

Willing to ship worldwide? No

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

1 Like

I have interest PM sent.

I have interest if in Montana.

Hi,
Sorry just now getting back to you. I go back to VA in May, and if I don’t sell it there I will be bringing it to MT; cannot throw it out.
Thanks for your interest!

ok keep me in mind. I live just north of Boulder ,CO

Will do! Thanks again

any pics ? Where in Va ? I am in Loudoun county

Gunbarrel? Niwot?

:wink:

Hi,
Thanks for your interest. No photos yet, I took off from VA pretty fast last September and the lighting isn’t good for photos in that shed. It is located about 30 miles south of Winchester on I-81. My old VA house now belongs to my friend, and next year I need to get my last 2 cars and some shop equipment off the place. I won’t be back there until May.
I’ve tried to edit the ad but am unsuccessful, as I see no edit icon on the ad. A moderator said it could be the format I’m using - don’t know. But one thing I want to edit besides adding photos is the ‘150’ - the engine has 150k miles on it from what I remember. I bought the S Type from a nice couple in Woodbridge, VA, where I worked at a gas station in my younger years. It ran, and it was my first Jag until I fell in love with the E Type. Over the years I let a friend part it out, but I still have the engine and some sheet metal.
I’ll be cancelling the ad since I cannot edit it, but will be posting it again when I get to VA. Thanks!

1 Like

Linda, I am interested since it is close etc. we have the means to over-haul etc. the engine
What do you want for it, if I can look at it, bring cash etc. would that be possible ?
racingteamholland @yahoo.com

Hendrikus PLM Wisker
new Racing Team Holland
+1 202 258 5368

Boulder County, directly west of Niwot, north of haystack mountain. And you Paul?

12 miles east of Hudson, in Prospect Valley.

Did a fair bit of my field geology around 6 Mile Fold.

Yes, you can look at it. I didn’t get a chance to clean it up, so it will be dusty. I’ll check with my friend Dwayne’s schedule for his days off and will let you know, as he will have to be there for you to look at it. It is rigged to be hoisted from inside the shed, and Dwayne has means to remove it. Will let you know soon, thanks

You are almost a neighbor. I will have to invite you to my hangar in Longmont to see my project-when wx permits.
. I currently have my welded louver bonnet at Rons garage near Windsor -getting metal repaired and painted along with a hardtop. The mechanical part stalled as I have a Livingston mega jolt trigger ignition, but the secondary seller did not include the complete wiring harness. Have a guy making one but having trouble with making correct lengths without any pattern to go by.

1 Like

Hi DutchUS,
I’m not sure I posted this reply correctly, so will try again -
Dwayne is working 6 days a week until the first of the new year. I used to work for this company and they never hire enough qualified people. Anyway, when he gets back to normal I’ll see what days he has off, normally 2 days during the week and every other weekend. I’m asking $800/OBO if you’re still interested. Thank you

Still interested

Sounds good, thank you

Hi Dutch, found some photos I had taken and will attach.
My friend Dwayne is working this weekend, I will check for his days off so you can see the engine if you are still interested. If so, I will give you his number and you two can set it up.
The weather in VA is not very good right now but no emergency for meeting.
Thanks again,
Linda

Linda, thanks for the info and yes indeed the weather is a bit nippy
We have found a 3.8E Type engine in MD in the mean time so no more use for it

Regards

Hendrikus PLM Wisker
new Racing Team Holland
+1 202 258 5368

| L.deNormanville Linda M. Brooks Patron
January 14 |

• | - |

Hi Dutch, found some photos I had taken and will attach.
My friend Dwayne is working this weekend, I will check for his days off so you can see the engine if you are still interested. If so, I will give you his number and you two can set it up.
The weather in VA is not very good right now but no emergency for meeting.
Thanks again,
Linda

Ok thanks Dutch, Best Wishes to you!
Linda