[CANCELLED] For Trade: Series1 Project Car for Driver

For the last twenty years I have owned a Jag-in-the-box. a 1967 Series 1 FHC, numbers matching in opalescense blue. The block and heads have been rebuilt. The IRS is still intact and unrestored; I am the third owner of the car in this dis-assembled state. The bonnet needs to be replaced but have three center sections, 3 wings, one rusted nose section, and two sets air ducts. Previous owners have bought new parts and have powdercoated the front suspension parts. The tub in solid and in primer. The doors are from another car and need to be fitted.

I would like to have the car restored, but find that the cost would be in the neighborhood of $110k and that the car would have a value of $110k after its done, resulting in a significant loss of cash. $25k is the best offer that I have had for the car as-is.

I have always wanted an E-type, but have interest in completing our project cars, trucks, tractors, and boats that I own, so I can’t dump all of y spare cash in one car. I prefer my collectable cars to be driveable, not a trailer queen.

The best scenario for me would be to find another person who wants to have their solid and drivable, but not perfect, E-type restored and trade them mine since its already apart. This trade may involve adding cash to the deal depending on the condition of the car. I would consider a Series 1 or 2 car for trade.

If their is anyone on this forum who has an interest or knows of a car for sale, please let me know.

Marty, St.Louis, MO

Hey there, Marty. Welcome to J-L!

Moving this to the Classifieds.

1 Like

Marty,

I see you are new to the site. Can you please redo this using the classifieds template with the disclaimers, etc.

Matt