Carpet kit install, Mk2

Hello. With the inside of my Mk2 torn apart, I’m starting the install of a carpet kit. Sourced from Aldrige Trimmings, includes the pad kits, seems good quality. However, the install is not entirely straitforward, and I’m looking for tips from anyone that’s done it before. I’m trying to avoid glue as much as possible. Seems like some pieces need some cutting and trimmimng, such as the long pieces that run along the rocker panels. Any ideas/tips? Thanx & a tip of the Mother’s Day hat, David

Have a look at Kriss web page for a plethora of pictures and installation tips. Also look at John Skinner in the UK web page for an array of layout pictures. If their kit is anything like the carpet kit I recently purchased the pieces should be almost exact to fit. One thing you will have to do is trim out a spot for the headlight dimmer button on the floor.

http://krissmotors.com/public/index.php

No affiliation, etc.

Gerard

Well I am a Skinflint lol , Well I could not get the colour I wanted , and can’t see the point in spending cash on carpet that is mostly covered , so I went down the local carpet shop and come out with a roll under my arm for £35($45) , Took less then a day to fit , made one set of templates , just turned them over to do the other side , no glue but lots of cutting :slight_smile: