CD ROM Conversions

Wayne, doesn’t that USB locklizard ROM allow you to move it (a single instance of the files) from one computer to another?

Best I remember it does but they issue a file when you initially register it and after several computer changes I no longer had that initial file that was required to use it on a different computer.

I may have misunderstood your question. The new usb version can be used on more then one computer The older cd-rom version which used locklizzard to make it proprietary is the one that sends a file and if you use it on a computer other the original computer that you used when you initially registered it you need the info in the file they sent you.

Could you upload it to somewhere like wetransfer and PM me the link? It’s probably going to all be too big for an email attachment anyway.

I’m interested to see what’s on these discs. I have a copy of the manuals on CD that is viewable, but it’s been poorly scanned if I’m honest, they did a load of OCR on the text that’s really broken in places. I’m trying to find a cleaner copy without the OCR so I can do it again with more modern tools that will do a better job.

Slightly of subject here but I had an old Rover parts cd and you had to change the date on your pc to 2001 for it to work.

Steve,
“There is a long thread on the V12 sub-forum, where a copy of all PDFs, bundled together is a single PDF can be obtained.”
I tried a number of search phrases on the V12 sub-forum but didn’t find that compilation. Do you know a search phrase or search string that will work? I have Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 on my desktop and would like to see if it can do some useful manipulations of that file.

Thanks,

AE

Hi Alan, try here:

I also have the professional version and have downsized the file, but because each page is an image, not text + image as most PDF documents are, reduction in file size has to be done with care.
At the end, even with the highest level of downsizing, the 1000+ pages PDF is still large.

Off topic - for fun (or torture), I took my dissertation from 20 years ago and produced a single PDF with all 12 chapters and over 60 figures (almost all of which are at least 600 dpi). Total file size went from ca. 40 MB to about 4.3 MB after an appropriate downsizing.

That’s just the focus manual, not the workshop manuals.

The focus manual is in the title, true. But, sometime in 2016 and 2017 other “things” became available. Don’t ask me how I know. :-))

Thanks for the heads up. I contacted him and got the whole file. Good stuff.